Friday, September 5, 2008

Dream Companies!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been 1 year and 3 Months since I have joined my MBA and some how the entire world seems to be revolving around one thing that is "Placements". I have seen people who havent been able to sleep, relax and enjoy life just because they are worried about what is going to happen in placements. Supposedly the best minds in the country when they feel so insecure about themselves it is suprising. At the same time there are people who are indifferent to such things yet their strength is miniscule compared to the others who are abundant. I am agnostic even in the sense of Placements I guess even if somebody offers me 1 Crore or I get a very mean job I wouldnt rejoice on both occasions as I would be equally confused on both occassions. Students come to institutes with brand name with a highly imaginative expectations and believe that they should get what ever they expect. Literally there have been instances where I have seen students who without even getting admission into the course come and ask us that "These three are my dream companies will I get a placement there" !!!!!!! what answer do they Expect.... you will eventually if you are worth it and work towards it.
Also there is a very apparent dichotomy for MBA's here is a course which teaches how to manage business yet the very scant few actually take to Entrepreneurial Ventures. There are MNC's promoting entrepreneurship or intrapreneurship but all more in their own interest. Yet somehow our brillaint MBAs are more interested in working for a huge Multi Billion Dollar Package than start a venture or start up which might provide sustenance for another million people or if not that much atleast give them the satisfaction of doing something on their own.
So the very scenario when the answer is so obvios is that the only Dream Company that anyone can have is the one that you own or are a partner yet people carry the false belief that there is a Dream Company in the List of Companies that appear in the Colleges placement brochure.